Photo:: Nikon D80+50mm+SB-600 | Original File Format: JPEG | 01/12/2014
昨天又下了好幾英吋的雪,暴龍要我別鏟,說他下班後再用snow blower鏟,我怕他下班後,進不了車庫,得先停在馬路邊,所以還是鏟了一邊車道,好讓他開進家來,順便運動運動,還好最近溫度都還在20F~35F左右,非常幸福溫暖(can't believe I just said that),比起上週一二溫度在-20F~-30F,相差40~65度,要在明尼蘇達生存,還真是要有鐵打的身子...州長因為這嚴寒凍死人的溫度,還下令學校停課2天,連動物園都關閉...
Potato Salad Sandwich (KitchenAid Professional 600 standmixer製作,無standmixer,也可以像我以前手做麵包揉麵方式製作,差別不大)
材料及作法:(12 sandwichs)(1 cup=1杯=250ml, 1 tbsp=1大匙=15ml, 1 tsp=1小匙=5ml, 1 lb=454g)
- 2 cups unbleached bread flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour ( I used 30% white whole wheat blend.)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil (Any type of vegetable oil will work.)A.將以上幾項,放在KA standmixer大鋼盆裡,用wire whisk攪拌均勻Put all the above ingredients into the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1+1/4 tsp salt
- 1+1/2 tsp active dry yeast(一般商用乾燥酵母,非速酵/麵包機酵母)B.將以上幾項,攪勻加熱至手觸溫暖後,慢慢分次倒入A中,同時用2速攪拌,攪拌成團,約5分鐘,打至成團即可.Mix all the ingredients from B and stir until all dissolves. With the ingredients from A in the mixing bowl, turn on the stand mixer and set the speed to 2. Gradually pour in the B mixture. Beat until the dough forms and becomes smooth, about 5 minutes. It's a sticky dough. Shape it into a ball. Use a little flour to prevent it from sticking. Transfer it into a greased bowl and cover with a lid or plasstic wrap, then place the bowl in a warm oven with a pan of hot water underneath for fermentation.Fermentation第一次發酵至2-3倍大,倒出滾圓,鬆弛15-20分鐘,像切pie一樣,分成12份,用手壓平成三角形,桿成2-3 mm厚,由寬端捲起,如黏手,可用一些麵粉防沾黏,捲好後,將其稍微彎成月牙型,表面噴水Let the dough rise until double/triple in size. Take the dough out and shape into a ball. Rest for 15-20 minutes. Flaten it a bit and divide it into 12 pieces like cutting a pie. Press each piece flat into to a triangle. Roll each triangle to 2-3 mm thick. Use a little bit flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Roll each triangle up and bend it to a crescent shape. Mist the dough surface with some water with spray bottle after shaping.Proofing入烤箱發酵,作第二次發酵,至2-3倍大Place the shaped dough with the baking sheet in a warm oven with hot water underneath for fermentation. Let rise until double in size.Baking烤箱預熱至350F,烤20分鐘(依各家烤箱調整時間)Preheat the oven to 350F, and bake for 20 minutes. All ovens vary. Adjust your baking time accordingly.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and carrots and cook until soften, about 15 minutes. Add peas, cook for another 3-5 minutes. Drain the water and let cool. Combine the potatoes, carrots, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and serve on the sandwich rolls.
- 5~6 medium size potatoes (cubed)
- 3~4 carrots (diced)
- 1/3~1/2 cup frozen sweet peas
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise (I used the all nature The Ojai Cook Lemonsise which contains lemon juice and mustard seeds.)
- 1 tbsp of granulated sugar